Whether you’re a veteran journalist or armchair sports fan, Sportsnaut is looking for sports reporters and writers.
Sports Writer Opportunities
- Site contributors write at least twice a week on topics of their choosing based on an agreed selection of team(s).
- Contributors are able to write more if they choose, including reactions to breaking news stories about the team(s) they’re covering for Sportsnaut.
Why write for Sportsnaut?
- Nearly nine years old, Sportsnaut has grown to over 10 million unique readers monthly and is part of a large portfolio of sports websites. Sportsnaut is the anchor of that portfolio as we move to the next level of our growth.
- Thanks to wonderful relationships with our partners over the last nine years, Sportsnaut’s writers and stories have been read two billion times.
How much experience do you require?
- We all start at zero. Whether you’re a 20-year veteran, or just started writing, we love making new friends. We don’t bite.
- We’ve been through enough resumes to tell you the one obvious thing about writing is that YOU MUST WRITE.
- There’s not much concern about where you went to school. It’s more important to everyone in sports journalism that you’re continuing to write as much as possible to hone your craft. Whether that’s your own blog, a niche site, or anywhere else.
- A degree may get you a “hello”, yet a hungry writer creating content every day is going to be much more attractive to everyone… including us.
Are Sportsnaut positions paid?
- Yes. All of our positions are part-time, contract roles compensated with a monthly payment.
- All of Sportsnaut’s advancements have been from contributors who become featured writers then full-time editors since our launch in 2014.
If you are interested in becoming a Sportsnaut Contributor, fill out the form below and we’ll be in touch: